Policy refers to how your personal information is collected, used, and shared when you visit or make a purchase from juniperandbliss.co.uk (the “Site”).
- Juniper & Bliss is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We aim to be transparent in how we look after your personal data. This notice explains when and why we collect personal information about the people who visit our website, or who request information or enquire about a product from us. This notice explains how we use the data, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
- Our privacy practices are in line with requirements set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- In order to provide you with the best products and experiences, our services are constantly evolving. We may change this notice from time to time so please check this page to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
- Any questions regarding this notice and our privacy practices should be sent by email to: email@example.com
HOW DO WE OBTAIN INFORMATION FROM YOU
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Please find below a detailed list of how we collect information from you:
- We obtain information about you when you use our website, buy from us, or contact us in any way (email, social media, calls, mail). We primarily collect your data when you buy from us, contact us about products and services, or if you register to receive our email newsletter or order our printed book.
- Other examples of when we collect data are when you:
- use the Site (including collecting data on your browsing habits);
- register for, or use any in-store services;
- register for, or create an account with us;
- search for, purchase and/or return products to us;
- request an e-receipt from us;
- communicate with us by telephone, email or otherwise;
- sign up for our newsletters or to receive other marketing communications from us;
- participate in any discussion board or other social media function on or linked to the Site;
- enter any prize draw, or participate in any promotion organised by us (such as if you refer a friend); or
- complete any survey that we send you, for example if we ask for feedback.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORM FROM YOU
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
- Fulfil your requests and manage your accounts with us – for example so that we can:
- process orders, deliver products and services, process payments and carry out any other obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- provide you with customer service functions such as following up on abandoned shopping carts, or to see if there was a problem with your use of the Site;
- notify you about changes to our Site, or services; and
- maintain and update your Account with us.
- Tailoring our communication with you and profiling – for example so that we can:
- with your consent, keep you informed about products or services that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, or that might be of particular interest to you;
- with your consent, provide you with information that might be of particular interest to you (such as upcoming events), or contact you about surveys and user groups. Participation in surveys is entirely voluntary and you are under no obligation to take up an invitation from us to participate;
- analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
- offer you the opportunity to take part in prize draws. Entry to prize draws is entirely voluntary, and you are under no obligation to take up an invitation from us to enter; and
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, which may be based on your activity on our website(s) or the those of third parties'.
- Otherwise enhance your interaction and experience with us – for example so that we can:
- administer our Site including for internal operations, trouble shooting, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve and optimise our Site and our in-store customer experience and develop new services;
- analyse how you and others use our Site and our stores;
- customise your experience when using our Site or other services;
- measure the effectiveness of any advertising we serve and to fulfil our contractual obligations;
- deliver relevant advertising to you;
- prevent fraudulent transactions or other illegal activities; and
- keep our business records.
- Any of these functions may be carried out by us or appointed third parties who must process any personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
WHO WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party without your express consent unless we are required or permitted to do so by law.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please find a detailed list below:
- When we use third party providers, we use only the information necessary to deliver the service and we are required to have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure.
- For example, we may share:
- your name, delivery address, email and phone number with our partner courier companies in case they need to contact you in relation to a delivery;
- your identity, billing address and payment card information with our payment processors so that payment for an order can be collected;
- your identity and payment card information with our payment processors to conduct PCI 3DS security checks, so that they can check your card is not being used without consent;
- your transaction history information with business partners who facilitate discount schemes you have registered with;
- technical and other service providers who help us provide and deliver the Site and our in-store experiences;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site and our services;
- business partners and service providers who assist us in carrying out customer relationship management services (such as monitoring and responding to customer orders and queries) and analysing the results of customer surveys and requests for feedback;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- members of our corporate group (which means our holding company and its subsidiaries).
- Those of our partners who need to access personal information to perform their business services may not use the data for other purposes.
- Where we share financial details, these will always be entered on a secured page and transferred using SSL, a cryptographic protocol designed to provide communication security over the Internet.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, it may become necessary to disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such transactions. Your information may also be transferred to another company in the event of sale of the whole or part of our business to a third party.
- In certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to third parties, for example, in order to conform to any requirements of law or to comply with any legal process, to prevent and detect fraud and to protect and defend our rights and property.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU CONTROL THE DATA WE HOLD ON YOU
- You can change your marketing preferences at any time by updating your account online, following the unsubscribe link in our emails, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Right to Object: In some instances, you may have the right to ask us to stop processing your data. This will be the case where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (such as where we contact you to follow up on a complaint you made). This right does not always apply but you are always able to raise an objection to our processing and we will do our best to comply, where we are legally able to.
- The Right to Erasure (The right to be forgotten):
- In a similar way to how you can object to our processing your data, you have the right in some instances to have us destroy all the data we hold on you.
- We maintain and follow a retention policy and your data will not be held for longer than the defined retention period without good reason and without consulting our internal data privacy experts.
- Nonetheless, should you want us to remove our records of your data prior to the end of our defined retention period, please contact: email@example.com
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Our services are not directed to children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are under the age of 18, please stop using our services. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the relevant minimum age without parental consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Parents who believe that their child has submitted personal information to us and would like to have it deleted may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our privacy practices, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Juniper & Bliss
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Burfiled House, 121-123 Athelstan Rd, Faversham, Kent, ME13 8QW